Functional Programming and Parallel Graph Rewriting
"Functional Programming and Parallel Graph Rewriting" written by Plasmeijer and Van Eekelen is published by Addison-Wesley in 1993 (ISBN 0-201-41663-8, 571 pages). It explains in detail the theoretical ideas behind Clean and shows how these ideas can be used to make an efficient implementation. Here is a review of the book.
The book is available online in multiple parts:
- Part 1 FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING
- Part 2 MODELS OF COMPUTATION
- Part 3 ANALYSIS OF FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMS
- Part 4 IMPLEMENTATION ON SEQUENTIAL ARCHITECTURES
- Part 5 CONCURRENCY ISSUES